1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CDS bed scam, near Mijas

Discussion in 'Legal & Financial' started by Piran, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Piran

Piran New Member

We bought a bed from this company which operates from a large store between Fuengirola and Mijas,
    The bed we bought cost 1895 euros, which was 'discounted' by 60% which made the original price somewhere between 3 &4000 euros.
    After further research on this furniture company (D****s, alias C**** F******** S****)), I have discovered that its (verbal and as advertised) claims to be part of a company (D****s) in the UK with the same name are completely false. They use this claim to advertise here with a 60% discount, as does D****s in the UK.
    But here the similarity ends. An average UK (& D****S UK) price for these beds is around 600 euros. The D****s company near Mijas multiply this by 6 to get a price between 3000 and 4000 euros. Then they apply the fictional 60% discount which brings the prices down to about 3 times those in the UK.
    All the beds are wrapped up in polythene sheets which makes it difficult to assess the quality of workmanship. The bed bases, once unwrapped are of appalling quality and belong, yes you've guessed it, to cheap beds.
    But there is nothing we can do about it other than warn others to beware. Spain abounds with crooks who find a niche market somewhere, just about legal.
    Broadcast this to as many people as you can, there must be many pensioners out there just like us, wanting a luxury bed to end their days in.
    At D****s between Fuengirola and Mijas you may end your days prematurely in a cheap bed with an empty bank account.
  2. JJH

JJH Supportive Member

Hi Piran and welcome to the forum. I don´t live on the CDS so can´t comment. However, I´m sorry you´ve had such a bad experience and thank you for not naming the company as the site Admin could get into serious trouble for naming and shaming. You might want to post this on other forums as well.
  3. The Capitans Wench

The Capitans Wench Supportive Member

Up a hill overlooking the river and Portugal
    I am sorry but I think it is your responisbility to check what you are buying. It sounds like you thought you saw a bargain ( which we all like the idea of but seldom are they really that ) Did you check the beds when in the shop ? if I could not see the bed at any price I would not buy it. I would also expect the bed t be unwrapped by delivery company at which point you should be able to refuse it. It also read like yet another disgruntled person then bad mouthing Spain ingeneral for being corrupt. The Costa del Sol has long had a rep for dodgy just bout everything and I do not live anywhere near it.

It is not nice it has happened but it will again and again sure as eggs is eggs as they say somewhere.
  4. djembe

djembe Supportive Member

There are some good things in the CDS. lol
    But it`s true, don`t trust anyone, if you can`t see it don`t believe it.
    There is as much bullshit here as there is sunshine. :eek:
  5. Piran

Piran New Member

CDS bed scam

Thanks, djembe, it wasn't as simple as the previous post implied, this is a very large shop, which is using false claims of association with an large English bed distributor to hike the price of ALL their beds by a massive factor of six. The discount then lowers the price to a factor of about three times the price paid in the UK. There was no question of it being considered a 'bargain' at close to the paid price of nearly 2000 euros. That was way above the price we expected to pay but as the staff were all British and the so-called 'parent' company in the UK very well known, we went ahead not for a minute DREAMing that we were being well and truly scammed, as must many before us. It's a clever set-up which needs exposing.
    Finally, the full price had to be paid before delivery, there could be no backing out once the card had been debited and the chance of a successful claim against such a company set-up to scam, in Spain, next to zero.
    Perhaps the only possibility of stopping this scam would be for the genuine company in the UK to publicly reject any association with this Spanish shop of the same name.
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  6. Sam Greenfield

Sam Greenfield Supportive Member

Piran we are looking to buy a bed for one of our sons ATM (we are in the UK) - we went in their sister shop over here and I walked back out as the shop is confusing on bed prices - they don't show the whole price of anyone bed in there - the sales people are all over you like a rash - horrible place - came out and went into Harvey's - totally different so the sale will be made there - have you contacted the company over here to let them know this is happening - I would have thought they won't be very pleased with them and may persue it - I know it won't help you though - big hugs xxxxx